Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Modular Madness

Modular Madness the project of using multiple amounts of a specific item to create a non-representational piece.

First I started with red paintballs
Then I tried to make the paintballs look like they had burst letting hot glue dry in a dripping look and then painting it red


Then I started on a different project this time using pine cones and pine needles.
 I glued the ends of the pine needles all together at a point making the needles fan out in a circle then I cut the needles to equal lengths and glued the needles onto the bottom of a pine cone

I glued pine needles into the pine cone giving it a kind of Christmas tree fluffiness to it. I cut them to lengths to make the needles stick out as though they were trapped inside of a cone.





Since all the pieces were similar I decided they should all be one piece, but they should not be connected or clustered together. I made the decision to keep them seperate because they are each its own piece, but together they all create one large piece. Being pine cones and pine needles when they were all clustered together it looked like a forest or something that you would find on the ground outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment